Stupid Simple Sugar Free Oatmeal

Wednesday, May 13, 2020


Just like the name of this oatmeal.... this recipe is really easy to make! I'm not opposed to carbs (although I do eat a lot of low carb recipes), since they're essential to living and thyroid health! But, when I started eating a lower sugar diet, I needed an oatmeal that wasn't so shocking to my blood sugar. 




And that's how this super simple oatmeal was born... out of my desire to keep the carbs, but to make them as healthy as possible!




I don't know about you, but I love toppings on my oatmeal! (Thank you to all the hotel breakfasts that helped me realize how awesome oatmeal toppings are!)





Stupid Simple Sugar Free Oatmeal Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1.5 cups water
  • splash of heaving whipping cream
  • pinch of salt
  • spoonful of Pyure sweetener (or, sweeten to preference)
  • sprinkle of cinnamon (to taste)
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • walnuts
  • raisins

Stupid Simple Sugar Free Oatmeal Instructions

  1. Add water, heavy whipping cream, and old fashioned oats to a pot and bring to a boil.
  2. Once oatmeal has reached a boil, turn heat down to low and continue stirring as oatmeal thickens.
  3. When oatmeal is near desired consistency, add salt, cinnamon, and sweetener to taste. Then add butter and stir.
  4. Transfer oatmeal to a bowl and add walnuts and raisins, or your toppings of choice! 


And that's it! It doesn't get anymore simple than that. 

Post a Comment

Alexandria Danielle